~In the words of the Grammar Snob.....I tend to curse and make little things seem like BIG FREAKING THINGS and overreact and think the world revolves around me. BUT! I can be sweet and charming sometimes. You should focus on those times.~

Friday, October 12, 2007

Flashback Friday


I save emails that I send and receive as a "sort of" journal. I did this way before I start blogging! So on Flashback Friday I'm going to post some of these old conversations. This one is from Thanksgiving 2005. Oh and just so you know I'm not having anymore kids! 3 is good no matter who I want to piss off!


----- Original Message -----
From: Gigi
To: Flygroup
Subject: I hate people who tell me how many kids I can have....

My mom and my grandma are constantly telling me I don't need any more kids. They told me that when I announced I was pregnant the 2nd and 3rd time and continue to tell me. Well tonight, a cousin I don't see very often had the nerve to tell me that if I had any more kids he'd "kick my ass". Another one of my cousins said "I grew up w/ 4 siblings and it was too many". UMMM...which one would you like to not have then???? OMGosh, it is no ones business, except mine and Allen's, if we have more kids! I am so onery that it makes me want to have like 5 more just to piss them off! That would teach me wouldn't it! LOL


Brenda Jones wrote:AAAARRRRGGGHHHH! THAT MAKES ME CRAZY!!! My parents did that to us and I was SO angry! When we had a girl (after our son) they were like, "Great, you have one of each. You can stop now!" Then I got pregnant with #3 and it was "How do you expect to pay for this one?" With #4 my mom gasped and grabbed my dad's leg in horror! With #5 we decided not to even tell them until they said, "What's with the belly?" I'd just flat out tell anyone who had a comment that it was flat out none of their freakin' business!!! Flat out!!! lol Or a snotty, "Why do you care?" Or tell your stupid cousin, "I'll kick YOUR ass right now for stickin' your fat nose into my reproductive business!" AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

If you can't tell, I am SO on your side! Ask your mom and grandma, "So which one should I have aborted? Cori, Ethan or Georgia?" and give them a SCATHING look! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Bren in Peoria (Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!)



Gigi wrote:ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh Bren! I've have had serious talks w/ my mom concerning this in the past and she has backed off a tiny bit. My grandma is 80 (or is it 82?) and she's not going to change so there's no point in fighting w/ her about it. As for my cousins, I don't see them often enough for a fight to be worth my breath, so I just roll my eyes at them. When others say it I do tell them to mind their business. A gal at church (a mormon gal for heaven sakes!) said I just don't know what you're going to do w/ 3 kids! I told her where she could put her opinion (nicely, but to the point). Honestly, I'm not planning on having anymore, and if we do decide to have another it will be just ONE more. It's just the principle of the matter. It's MY body, MY family, MY decision (w/ a tiny bit of input from Allen!).

gigi



1 comment:

  1. OMG I totally know how you feel my mom is the same way. I told her today that I couldn't wait to have more and she said "well you should wait and maybe you shouldn't have anymore" I was so pissed!!!

    ReplyDelete