Tuesday, October 30, 2007
10 things that are stuck to my fridge
Fridge #1 (kitchen)
1. A chore chart we don't use
2. Several watermelon magnets I made
3. 2007 calendar magent w/ our family picture on it
4. 2007 calendar magnet w/ the Shreeve Family picture on it
5. A purple princess magnet that Cori made
6. A teacher Lynda's magnet
7. Old Life Uniform name badge
8. Old Mary Kay name badge
9. A pen
10. Lots pf pics of the kids
Fridge #2 (dining room)
1. 2007 Phoenix Mercury game schedule
2. 2004 AZ DiamondBacks game schedule
3. A named tag Cori had in preschool
4. A pink AVON clip
5. Convenient Termite and Pest Control Magnet shaped like a truck
6. I heart Robots magnet
7. Shreeve Family Addresses
8. NextCare Urgent Care Magnet
9. 3 pant shaped magnets
10. Accountable Kids magnet
Monday, October 29, 2007
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
And here is some email correspondance around the same day this picture was taken.
Re: [NWValleyMoms] How was your weekend? My job is to save you money. firstname.lastname@example.org
The kids and I spent the day at a friends house swimming. We always get up on the roof of our back porch and watch the fireworks at GCC. I am such a FREAK when it come to heights that it takes me about 5 minutes to get up the ladder. But of course I had to walk each kid up the ladder which was the most frightening! I don't trust Allen to do it because he can be an @$$ and goof off just to scare me. I'm not willing to risk my kids lives because he's a jerk! But once we were up the ladder (I think it took more than 10 minutes!) it was really nice!
"Jessica G." wrote:
How was everyone's long weekend? Or was it?
Our company is now gone and I am looking at a really dirty house with no energy to clean it. I am procrastinating. BG left again this morning. So did anyone see fireworks?
We were outside from like 7am until 11:30! We would have been out longer but I had to take Ethan to speech! The breeze this pm has been so nice as well! gigi
I am in absolute heaven with the weather right now. Rain!!!!!!!!!
I have no habits (no good ones anyway). I don't know how you do it with 6 kids Holly! I'm going crazy with three! gigi
Did my swish/swipe for July Habit. Then had a "lightbulb moment". I have always used baby wipes to wipe the countertops, sinks, and another to wipe the toilet down. This is so silly, but today I used another to wipe down the floor around the toilet!! Hoping to keep the floor cleaner with a little every day!! How did everyone else do??
Our schedule flew out the window today because of the nice weather. I guess that's a good excuse though! Even with the schedule I still feel like a chicken w/ no head.
I have made myself stay away from the puter as much as possible because it seems to suck me in! I would love to get everyone together again soon though! If not a flyfest maybe a playdate!
Oh Gigi, I do it the same way you do!!! And only 5 are at home now... just like y ou managed from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3!!! And I have 3 older ones who are helpful. I KNOW you have routines, you just mentioned the summer routine you have down now in a previous e-mail :)
This group has been so quiet lately, I miss the chatter and frannys!!! Scavenger hunt again anyone???
Thursday, October 25, 2007
ps - My mom did not get mad at me today. I was, however, anticipating her madness because of past performances.
|You Are an Alien|
You're so strange, people occasionally wonder if you're from another world.
You don't try to be different, but you see most things from a very unique, very offbeat perspective.
Brilliant to the point of genius, you definitely have some advanced intelligence going on.
No matter what circles you travel in, you always feel like a stranger. And it's a feeling you've learned to like.
Your greatest power: Your superhuman brain
Your greatest weakness: Your lack of empathy - you just don't get humans
You play well with: Zombies
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Ten things my mother wouldn't let me do as a kid.
1. Play in the church yard across the street with the neighborhood kids without supervision.
As a parent now I totally understand this one. The kids in my neighborhood are freaks and I definitely don't want my kids playing with them if I weren't out there!
2. Sleep in on Saturday mornings.
This still agrivates me to this day. She still calls me way to early everyday and it pisses me off! I feel guilty for sleeping in because of this.
3. Take Drama my freshman year of high school.
Well I don't think this effected my life much, but I wish she had let me make my own decisions.
4. Go to Laura May's birthday party in 8th grade.
I was so mad, but it probably was a good thing since the girls ended up getting drunk that night.
5. Leave campus for lunch during high school.
Now just because she didn't LET me didn't mean I didn't do it every now and then. I know now that it's safer for kids to stay on campus for lunch. When my kids are old enough for this to be an issue I hope I can come up with a happy medium for this rule. I want to teach them to be responsible and not need me or someone else to watch them every second.
6. Eat candy.
Of course this was when I was very very young and I think it's a good idea.
7. Participate at a modeling agency.
I was so mad! I had some much fun and one time she called the agency using the WRONG phone number and got an escort service. She INSISTED there was something bad going on and made me quit! Not that I would have ended up as a model, but I always wanted to try at least!
8. Go to the Homecoming dance Freshman Year.
She grounded me for doing something. I spent most that year grounded. I think she over-reacted a lot. Not that I was perfect, but she expected perfection. I still feel the need to be perfect in front of her.
9. Walk or bike ride home from elementary school by myself.
Thinking about it now I'm glad she didn't! That would have been a long walk for a kid alone! It would have been long period!
10.Go over to friend's houses.
As a little kid I was able to go over to a few people's house. Select few, but that's just good parenting. As I got older and able to take myself to friend's house she just stopped letting me go. In stead of teaching me to make right decisions and hang out with good people she just put down her foot and said no. To everything. So I acted out just to show her I could.
My mom was a great parent. She was REALLY GREAT when I was little but as I got older she just kind of lost it. I understand that being a single parent is hard and I know I was not the easiest adolecent to raise. However I am going to strive to give my children a few more freedoms and help them learn to make decisions on their own. Perhaps if she had done this with me I would be able to make a decision without her permission to this day. It's very sad that I feel the need to run everything by my mother.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
We had such a fun Saturday! Allen took the Cori and Ethan out to the farm early on Saturday to drive the sandrail. Georgia and I went out there after I got off work. The day was fun but tiring.
I was stupid and forgot to bring extra diapers for Georgia. So she ran around half naked most the day. THEN she got diahrea so Allen fashioned her an outfit. She HATED it, but put up w/ it for a while.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Friday, October 19, 2007
A friend of mine told me I reminded him of Sherilyn Fenn. By name I didn't realize who she was so I googled her. My friend refenced her to "Twin Peaks" which I've never seen. I recognize her from her small roll in Gilmore Girl's. So of course I love her! And the fact that my friend says I look like her (and I had that confirmed by another friend) I am now obsessed! I've only been told I look like one other famous person. Julie Ormond who played Sabrina Fairchild in 1995s Sabrina. I think that resemblance was more because of her short curly hair cut. My hair actually look exactly like hers did back then.
This picture was taken back in August of 2004. I forgot how much Ethan used to like to vacuum. I think because it made a lot of noise like the stuff in daddy's garage. The fact that it had wheels probably helped too. One time we went to visit my in-laws and he immediately started running all over the house. I couldn't figure out what the heck he was doing until my sister-in-law said that he looks for the vacuum immediately whenever he visited.
The following email was from September 20, 2005.
I've learned my lesson..........
To: Beth Fisher
I’ve learned my lesson about lying!!!!!! My friend, Marci, invited us over last night for dinner and family night. I have seen her about 3 or 4 nights in a row and am tired and quite frankly, sick of her! I didn't want to make her feel bad, so I told her I had just talked to you (which was the truth) and you were in town and that we'd be having dinner (which of course was not the truth). I thought she would have zero connection w/ the girl I've known FOREVER and that lives in Lake Havasu! Well, Marci asked a few questions about you and I answered her (w/ the truth of course thinking there was no need to "invent" a fictional best friend). Then Marci asks "Is Beth's mom named Celia?" I nearly fell out of my chair! Turns out your mom takes Marci's water arobics class @ LA Fitness! I just felt soooooo stupid! There was no way to tell Marci the truth and not hurt her feelings, so I just got off the phone w/ her and called your mom. When I told her this story she just HOWLED!!!!!!! She said she was happy to play along so I could have a nice relaxing evening at home, but you know what they say about "a web of lies". I just feel like an idiot! I really hope it doesn't come up and bite me in the ass! I just feel like a fool! I vow NEVER to tell another lie, no matter how bad it will make someone feel!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Ten things I like about myself.
1. I'm forgiving
2. I'm non-judgemental
3. I have a great smile and I use it a lot.
4. I'm creative
5. I'm funny
6. I genuinely care about other people...all people.
7. I'm crazy and carefree!
8. I'm intelligent and knowledge seeking.
9. I'm a good piano/flute and swim teacher.
10.I'm a better mother than I thought I would be.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
The Five Love LanguagesMy primary love language is probably
Acts of Service
with a secondary love language being
Words of Affirmation.
Complete set of results
|Acts of Service:||9|
|Words of Affirmation:||7|
InformationUnhappiness in relationships, according to Dr. Gary Chapman, is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. Sometimes we don't understand our partner's requirements, or even our own. We all have a "love tank" that needs to be filled in order for us to express love to others, but there are different means by which our tank can be filled, and there are different ways that we can express love to others.
Take the quiz
Everybody loves weekend, it is the time for leisure, recreation and other religious activities. And when everyone is having a grand time, you want to capture it and share it with others. That’s why Weekend Snapshot is here for you. Come and join the fun here
Yep, my weekend was neither fun or relaxing. It was filled with housework. The one good thing is that I had my scooba to help me.
Friday, October 12, 2007
ALFY'S PIZZA - free mini pizza
ALL-AMERICAN CAFE - free dessert
APPLEBEES - free dessert
AUSTIN GRILL - Register First - free meal
AVON Free shipping and 10% off your order. You'll receive the coupon close to your birthday, and the offer is valid for 30 days.
BAKERS SQUARE - free pie
BANDIDO'S - free entry
BANJARA INDIAN CUISINE - free meal
BASKIN ROBBINS - free ice cream treat
BEACHES RESTAURANT - free meal
BENIHANA'S JAPANESE RESTAURANT - free dinner WITH 3 other paying guests ( Verify first with your local )
BENNIGANS - free dessert + song
BERN'S - free meal
BILL KNAPP'S - gives adults a % discount equal to age; plus a free bday cake (w/purchase of a meal) during the week of your B-day
BLACK BRISKEE - free meal
BOB'S BIG BOY - free hot fudge ice cream
THE BODY SHOP Present your membership card ($10 to join) at any store during your birthday month and receive a gift valued at up to $10.
BUFFALO WILD WINGS (BW3) - free dozen hot wings
BURGER KING - free kids meal to all kids club members
CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN - Register First - free kids meal during the month of their birthday
CAPTAIN DIZZY'S CAR WASH - free car wash
CARROWS - free cake
CATTLEMEN'S - free dessert and cowboy hat
CHARLIE BROWNS RESTAURANTS - free meal for "Handshake Club" members
CHARLIE'S SEAFOOD - free meal
CHEVY'S - free dessert and sombrero
CHILI'S - free song
CHIPS N GIGGLES - free meal
COLD STONE CREAMERY - free ice cream treat
CLAIM JUMPER - Free Dessert
CRABTREE & EVELYN Sign up for the site's email newsletter. During your birth month, you'll get a coupon code for 10% to 15% off your next order.
CROWN THEATRES - Buy One Movie Ticket, Get One Free
CRAZY BUFFET - free meal
DAVE AND BUSTERS - $5 game card credit
DENNY'S - free meal (said to be only kids under 10 now)
DESPARADOS MEXICAN RESTAURANT - free meal
DOCKSIDE RESTAURANT - free meal
DSW SHOES You'll get a coupon for $5 off your next purchase.
DUKE'S CHOWDER HOUSE - b1g1 coupons (register first). FREE dinner for your birthday!
EINSTEIN'S - free meal
EL CHICOS - free dessert
ERNIE'S STEAKHOUSE - free meal
FAMOUS DAVE'S BARBEQUE - free meal (w/advance signup)
FRIENDLY’S Birthday club members get a free ice cream cone with any food purchase. The offer will be emailed to you 30 days before your birthday, and expires after your birthday.
FUDDRUCKERS - free burger
FUNNY BONE COMEDY CLUB - free cake (party of 5 min.; 2 drink min.)
GOLDEN CORRAL - free meal to birthday Club members (not just kids!) during month of birthday
GRILLFISH - free meal
HANA JAPAN - free meal
HARD ROCK CAFE - free dessert
HOMETOWN BUFFET - free birthday cake
HOULIHAN'S RESTAURANT - free entree
HOLLYWOOD VIDEO Get a coupon for a free rental on your birthday. No coupon? Just tell a store representative that you're celebrating.
HOOTERS - free song + tshirt
HOSS'S STEAK HOUSE AND RESTAURANT - free cake + song
IHOP- free meal
JOE'S CRAB SHACK - free cake
JT WHEATFIELDS - free coupon in phone book
KING BUFFET - free meal
LADONNA - free meal
LOMBARDI'S IN BALLARD - Register First - free meal w/another during month of birthday
LOTUS - free meal
LUTHERS BBQ - free stuff (varies) for "Great Rewards" members
MACARONI GRILL - free dessert + OPERA-style "Happy birthday" song
MAGGIANOS - $10 Off purchase of $20 (sign up in advance)
MARIE CALENDERS - free dessert
MAX AND ERMA - free $5 dessert
MEXICAN VILLAGE - free meal
MOONIES DINER - free meal
MUCKLESHOOT CASINO - free sushi dinner + player's club points
NEWICK'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANTS - free entry
NITTY GRITTY - free drink + souvenir glass
NY&Co Credit-card holders receive a birthday coupon for 25% off your next purchase. The coupon is valid for the month your birthday falls in.
OKAYAMA RESTAURANT - free meal
OLD SPAGHETTI WAREHOUSE - free meal
OLIVE GARDEN - cake (some say free, most say $$)
ONAMI - free dinner WITH 3 other people paying
OUTBACK Steakhouse - free dessert + song
PANCAKE HOUSE - free entry
PAPPA'S RESTAURANTS - free dessert
PARADISO'S - free meal
PERKIN'S - free stack of pancakes
PF CHANGS - free cake or cheesecake
PIZZA EXPRESS - free meal
PONCHO'S - free meal, dessert & picture
PROVINO'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT - free $10.99 meal and ice cream dessert
RADISSON - free entree in their 12th floor restaurant
REAL SEAFOOD COMPANY - free meal and dessert
RED LOBSTER You'll be emailed a coupon for $5 off your next visit. The coupon expires two weeks after it's issued.
RED ROBINS - Register First - free burger coupon / discount coupon
RICE & COMPANY - free meal for Robinson Rewards Club members
ROCK BOTTOM - free appetizer for Mug Club members
ROUND TABLE - free personal pizza
SCALINI'S ITALIAN RESTAURANT - up to 10.95 off pasta specialties
SHEPARD'S BUFFET - free dinner buffet w/3 other paid customers
STEAK AND ALE - free mini choco cake
STEAK-N-SHAKE - free dinner for "birthday club" kids
TACO BELL - free combo meal of your choice
TGI FRIDAYS - Free birthday Dessert
THE 99 - free meal
THE BARNSIDER'S/DEPOT RESTAURANTS - 1/2 off meal + cake & song
THE LOFT - free meal
THE PALM - 3lb lobster (must be a member/register first)
THE PARADISO - free entry + sombrero & song
THE VINE TAVERN - free meal
TODAI SEAFOOD BUFFET - Free Meal or voucher for Meal Next Visit
TONY ROMA'S - free dessert, free meal
UP THE CREEK - free meal and dessert
VACCARO'S ITALIAN PASTRY SHOP - free dessert and drink
WENDY'S - free kids meal to all kids club members
WINE.COM Get a coupon for $10 off your next order. The coupon will be emailed to you around your birthday.
Z' TEJAS - Register First - $15 coupon for the month of your birthday
ZIO'S - free dessert mini pizza
I save emails that I send and receive as a "sort of" journal. I did this way before I start blogging! So on Flashback Friday I'm going to post some of these old conversations. This one is from Thanksgiving 2005. Oh and just so you know I'm not having anymore kids! 3 is good no matter who I want to piss off!
----- Original Message -----
Subject: I hate people who tell me how many kids I can have....
My mom and my grandma are constantly telling me I don't need any more kids. They told me that when I announced I was pregnant the 2nd and 3rd time and continue to tell me. Well tonight, a cousin I don't see very often had the nerve to tell me that if I had any more kids he'd "kick my ass". Another one of my cousins said "I grew up w/ 4 siblings and it was too many". UMMM...which one would you like to not have then???? OMGosh, it is no ones business, except mine and Allen's, if we have more kids! I am so onery that it makes me want to have like 5 more just to piss them off! That would teach me wouldn't it! LOL
If you can't tell, I am SO on your side! Ask your mom and grandma, "So which one should I have aborted? Cori, Ethan or Georgia?" and give them a SCATHING look! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!
Bren in Peoria (Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!)
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Actually, I think Cori looks more like her daddy. She has his big brown eyes.
Except for their coloring Ethan and Georgia look exactly alike so I think she looks more like me.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Okay, I know very little about politics and I choose to have very little knowledge about them. So I don't know how this kind of thing works, but this kind of crap really irritates me. Why can't people just mind their own freaking business?? Why can't people learn to have a little fun and let the little vexations of life pass. There is someone in my neighborhood that gets pissed off several times a year and sends the city out to paper the houses w/ warnings. I realize my house is not beautiful. Green-thumbs I do not have. But I do my best. Yes, our cars are ugly. But they all run and we use them. And even if our garage was cleaned out we couldn't fit them inside because it's barely a 2-car garage! Not really our fault! Alright, I'm off my box now. *breathing deeply*
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
2. Be objective. Not every UFO is extraterrestrial. Eliminate every other possibility (within your means) first.
3. Use a camcorder or camera to record the event. Try to keep reference points in the field of view, as this will aid researchers in analyzing the film.
4. If you have a tape recorder, record your description of the event as it happens. Include reference points on this tape also.
5. If other witnesses are present, ask them to write or record their observations.
6. If the UFO left some trace of its presence behind, do not disturb the area around it, and restrict access to the site (it's not a crime anymore; it's now a crime scene).
7. If the sighting is from a distance, at an arms length, what would it take to cover up the object? A quarter? A penny? A dime? An aspirin? Or would it take something bigger? A golf ball? A baseball? Or a tennis ball?
8. Try to judge the distance from you to the object, the object's altitude and its speed.
9. Should you encounter some type of extraterrestrial being associated with the craft, be prepared to take evasive action to protect yourself. From a safe distance, in a concealed position, photograph or videotape the being.
10. Immediately report the event to a UFO research organization for investigation.
Monday, October 8, 2007
1. "Like A Virgin," Madonna
2. "All I Need," Jack Wagner
3. "You're The Inspiration," Chicago
4. "The Wild Boys," Duran Duran
5. "Run To You," Bryan Adams
6. "I Want To Know What Love Is," Foreigner
7. "We Belong," Pat Benatar
8. "Easy Lover," Philip Bailey & Phil Collins
9. "Sea Of Love," Honeydrippers
10. "Born In The U.S.A.," Bruce Springsteen
1. "Careless Whisper," Wham!
2. "I Want To Know What Love Is," Foreigner
3. "Easy Lover," Philip Bailey & Phil Collins
4. "Loverboy," Billy Ocean
5. "Method Of Modern Love," Hall & Oates
6. "Neutron Dance," Pointer Sisters
7. "The Boys Of Summer," Don Henley
8. "The Heat Is On," Glenn Frey
9. "You're The Inspiration," Chicago
10. "Can't Fight This Feeling," REO Speedwagon
1. "Can't Fight This Feeling," REO Speedwagon
2. "The Heat Is On," Glenn Frey
3. "Material Girl," Madonna
4. "Too Late For Goodbyes," Julian Lennon
5. "Careless Whisper," Wham!
6. "California Girls," David Lee Roth
7. "One More Night," Phil Collins
8. "Lovergirl," Teena Marie
9. "Private Dancer," Tina Turner
10. "Neutron Dance," Pointer Sisters
1. "We Are The World," USA For Africa
2. "Crazy For You," Madonna
3. "One More Night," Phil Collins
4. "Nightshift," Commodores
5. "Rhythm Of The Night," DeBarge
6. "I'm On Fire," Bruce Springsteen
7. "Obsession," Animotion
8. "Material Girl," Madonna
9. "Don't You (Forget About Me)," Simple Minds
10. "One Night In Bangkok," Murray Head
1. "Don't You (Forget About Me)," Simple Minds
2. "Crazy For You," Madonna
3. "One Night In Bangkok," Murray Head
4. "Everything She Wants," Wham!
5. "We Are The World," USA For Africa
6. "Smooth Operator," Sade
7. "Some Like It Hot," Power Station
8. "Rhythm Of The Night," DeBarge
9. "Everybody Wants To Rule The World," Tears For Fears
10. "Axel F," Harold Faltermeyer
1. "Everybody Wants To Rule The World," Tears For Fears
2. "Heaven," Bryan Adams
3. "Things Can Only Get Better," Howard Jones
4. "Sussudio," Phil Collins
5. "In My House," Mary Jane Girls
6. "Suddenly," Billy Ocean
7. "Everything She Wants," Wham!
8. "Axel F," Harold Faltermeyer
9. "Angel," Madonna
10. "Walking On Sunshine," Katrina & The Waves
1. "A View To A Kill," Duran Duran
2. "Raspberry Beret," Prince & The Revolution
3. "Everytime You Go Away," Paul Young
4. "Sussudio," Phil Collins
5. "You Give Good Love," Whitney Houston
6. "The Search Is Over," Survivor
7. "Glory Days," Bruce Springsteen
8. "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free," Sting
9. "Would I Lie To You?," Eurhythmics
10. "Voices Carry," Til Tuesday
1. "Shout," Tears For Fears
2. "The Power Of Love," Huey Lewis & The News
3. "Never Surrender," Corey Hart
4. "Freeway Of Love," Aretha Franklin
5. "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free," Sting
6. "Everytime You Go Away," Paul Young
7. "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)," John Parr
8. "Summer of '69," Bryan Adams
9. "We Don't Need Another Hero," Tina Turner
10. "Who's Holding Donna Now," DeBarge
1. "Money For Nothing," Dire Straits
2. "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)," John Parr
3. "Cherish," Kool & The Gang
4. "We Don't Need Another Hero," Tina Turner
5. "Don't Lose My Number," Phil Collins
6. "Freedom," Wham!
7. "The Power Of Love," Huey Lewis & The News
8. "Pop Life," Prince & The Revolution
9. "Oh Sheila," Ready For The World
10. "Dress You Up," Madonna
1. "Take On Me," A-Ha
2. "Saving All My Love For You," Whitney Houston
3. "Oh Sheila," Ready For The World
4. "Part Time Lover," Stevie Wonder
5. "Money For Nothing," Dire Straits
6. "Lonely Ol' Night," John Cougar Mellencamp
7. "Miami Vice Theme," Jan Hammer
8. "Fortress Around Your Heart," Sting
9. "Cherish," Kool & The Gang
10. "I'm Goin' Down," Bruce Springsteen
1. "We Built This City," Starship
2. "You Belong To The City," Glenn Frey
3. "Miami Vice Theme," Jan Hammer
4. "Separate Lives," Phil Collins & Marilyn Martin
5. "Head Over Heels," Tears For Fears
6. "Part Time Lover," Stevie Wonder
7. "Broken Wings," Mr. MIster
8. "Never," Heart
9. "Lay Your Hands On Me," Thompson Twins
10. "Be Near Me," ABC
1. "Say You, Say Me," Lionel Richie
2. "Broken Wings," Mr. Mister
3. "Separate Lives," Phil Collins & Marilyn Martin
4. "Party All The Time," Eddie Murphy
5. "Alive & Kicking," Simple Minds
6. "Election Day," Arcadia
7. "I Miss You," Klymaxx
8. "Sleeping Bag," ZZ Top
9. "Small Town," John Cougar Mellencamp
10. "That's What Friends Are For," Dionne Warwick & Friends