~In the words of the Grammar Snob.....I tend to curse and make little things seem like BIG FREAKING THINGS and overreact and think the world revolves around me. BUT! I can be sweet and charming sometimes. You should focus on those times.~

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday 9: x5

Wow one of the my favorite MEMES is Saturday 9! I love answering questions because you can really tell people a lot about you that way but with less typing (yes I'm lazy). I knew I missed a week or 2 because I've been so busy lately. So when I checked the Saturday 9 Blog I was shocked to see I had missed FIVE Saturdays since I started it! I had no idea I'd been THAT busy! So here goes. Saturday 9x5!

1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?
I FINALLY got my own Karaoke gig this week!

2. What was the worst thing that happened this week?
Aunt Flo came to visit me this week. grrrrrr

3. Describe an item of clothing that has definitely seen better days but that you refuse to dispose of and still wear. Why won't you toss it?
My Betty Boop t-shirt and my Route 66 t-shirt. I just love them!

4. Have you ever lied about your age?
Nope. I'm totally okay with my 28 years. People often think I'm younger and I just cringe because I don't want to be in the same category as immature people!

5. Would you rather be behind the scenes or in the spotlight?
I guess that depends on the situation. I'm definitely a spotlight person as long as I'm feeling confident and in control. It took me a long time to be comfortable singing karaoke and now I don't even think about it.

6. Where was your first out-of-country trip? How was it?
It's really hard to count a jont across the Nogalas, AZ border into Nogalas, Sonora an out-of-country trip. I was 11 when we first went.

7. Do you like surprises? If yes what kinds? If no, why not?
If it's a gift or something pleasant than I LOVE surprises! I hate NOT being surprised in that situation. If you're going to surprise me by jumping out at me from a dark doorway be prepared for me to cry and have a nervous breakdown and quite possibly go ninja on your ass.

8. Have you ever had sex with two different people on the same day?
OY! So pleading the 5th on this one!

9. Which do you prefer, the sunrise or the sunset?
I'm less grumpy at Sunset since I haven't had to wake up to see it. I'm not very nice when I first wake up.

Last week's Saturday 9

1. Are you and your current lover (or most recent) always on the same page on sex?
Yeah, we go at it like bunnies.

2. If you had your way would you have sex more or less frequently?
MORE

3. Have you ever been asked to do something sexually but refused?
Yes

4. Have you ever asked a lover to do something sexually but they refused?
Yes

5. How long do you wait when meeting some new to have sex?
hahahaha I'm not telling!

6. Have you ever engaged in a sexual act while driving an automobile?
Man I hope my mother doesn't read this....yes

7. Have you regretted having sex with someone?
No

8. Are you and your current/most recent partner in the mood at the same time?
Usually

9. When was the last time you had sex?
Last week

The week before's Saturday 9

1. Did your mother go to college, if so where?
Yes she got her BA at BYU, and her Teaching Certificate at Grand Canyon.

2. Do you have a relative that is a lawyer?
Yes my Uncle Rick is a lawyer, although he and my aunt are divorced.

3. Do you have a relative that is a doctor?
My brother is a Dentist...does that count?

4. Did you take music lessons as a child? If yes, do you still play?
I took piano and flute lessons. I still play the piano and flute and also play the saxophone. I teach piano and flute lessons now.

5. Did you go to summer camp? If so would you send your child?
I went to church girls camp. I loved it! I will send my kids. I will probably send my kids to Camp Sky Y too since their dad works there.

6. Do you believe that alcohol relieves stress?
ummmmm....I think it can have that or the oposite effect

7. Have you ever performed on stage? If so tell us about it.
Many times. 4th grade talent show (what a nightmare), karaoke, Girls' Choir, Phoenix Children's Chorus, Flute and Piano recitals.

8. What things do you find easy to remember ?
Geez I don't think anything is easy to remember! I remember details about people I care about.

9. What things do you find easy to forget ?
Everything! PEOPLE NAMES(big one for me). Where I'm supposed to be during the day. Paying bills on time. Picking my daughter up from school.

And the Saturday before that!

1. Age on January 1st, 1980.
3 months

2. Favorite song of the 80’s.
Oh man do I have to pick just 1?? Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar

3. Favorite rock band of the 80’s.
That's a toss up between Aerosmith and Bon Jovi

4. Favorite dance/R&B band of the 80’s.
Eurythmics were good

5. Best TV show of the 80’s.
Archie Bunker

6. Best male and female TV actors of the 80’s.
Eh I don't know. Most people would say Molly Ringwald but she really bugs me. John Cusack rocked!

7. Favorite comedy movie of 80’s.
18 Again was pretty funny but I'm sure there were funnier ones I can't remember off the top of my head.

8. Favorite action/drama film of the 80’s.
You know, I'm not much of a movie person.

9. Favorite personal event, social gathering or political event during the 1980’s.
My 9th b-day party! LOL

And the one before that...

1. Do you have a best friend? If yes, tell us about how you met and how long you have been friends.
I don't have one person I call my best friend. I am my own best friend. I am still friends to this day with my first ever best friend, Beth. We grew up across the street from each other. I'm still friends with my elementary school best friend, Lani. She lives far away but we talk through myspace. My high school best friend was Christina Smith although we didn't really become friends until the very end of Sr year. I still see her a couple times a year. My college best friend was Amanda. We're in touch via email sometimes. My closest friends now are Katie, Maurice, Lisa, Diedre, and Alexis.

2. Over the years, how many people have you considered a “best friend”?
Well I just named them! 4

3. Who was your first “best friend”?
Alright well I should have read ahead as I've made some questions obsolete

4. Every person you ask about lovers say, “I want a best friend”. Do you really think a lover can be a best friend?
I haven't had it happen yet but I think that's how it should be.

5. Have any of your lovers been your best friend (at the time)? If yes, tell us about one.
Just one.

6. Have you ever mixed sex into friendship? If yes, what happened?
hahaha Oh many times. I'm pretty good at maintaining friendships no matter what.

7. What is your favorite song about friendship? Why?
Friends Are Friends Forever by Michael W Smith. Because I sang this in 8th grade choir. It was my first solo. It's the first song that plays on my blog right now.

Photobucket8. Name a celebrity you would like to be friends with. Why?
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. They have such integrity and good family values.

9. Is your current best friend, the “best” best friend you have ever had?
Well since that best friend is me then yes I'm the "best" best friend I've ever had.

Wanna Participate in Saturday 9?

1 comment:

  1. Gigi-
    I've read everone's answers this week and yours are THE best. And you were the only honest person besides me. You took the fifth as opposed to everyone else saying, "yuk-no". Yuk-no my ass. God people are SO hypercritical. But I suppose for me it is a bit easier, not in a relationship at the moment. But I answer anybody's questions honestly. Be with me or go. But I wouldn't talk anybody into anything! Thanks for the visit and your answers to SAm's past post were great too!

    ReplyDelete