~In the words of the Grammar Snob.....I tend to curse and make little things seem like BIG FREAKING THINGS and overreact and think the world revolves around me. BUT! I can be sweet and charming sometimes. You should focus on those times.~

Monday, August 2, 2010

The 'In Crowd'

I woke up today thinking about friendships, and how life is still exactly like high school sometimes. I think in my line of work people consider me part of the 'in crowd' and I know SO many people strive to get into this crowd. Whether it be at work, in a social setting, with family there always seems to be an 'in crowd', a person or group that everyone wants to be friends with. What I've realized about myself is I've never been IN the 'in crowd'. I have always hovered around it cautiously, mixing in it occaisionally, but always take myself right back out. I don't think people neccesarily look at me and WANT to be friends with me. As a matter of fact I think it's the opposite. I think people usually set out to not like me, and end up liking me anyway cuz I'm kinda infectuous. I've never thought of myself as anti-social but I definitely have issues when it comes to social circles. The fact that I find most people completely rediculous probably doesn't help. The fact that I speak my mind and use very little filter probably doesn't help either. I enjoy WATCHING people, even the stupid ones. It's hard to be IN a crowd when you prefer to sit quietly and watch the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment