~In the words of the Grammar Snob.....I tend to curse and make little things seem like BIG FREAKING THINGS and overreact and think the world revolves around me. BUT! I can be sweet and charming sometimes. You should focus on those times.~

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rest in Peace Heath Ledger

I know most people won't understand why I'm so upset about this. It's a compound of the fact that I have adored this man since I was 18 and the fact that he is my SECOND major celebrity crush to die via suicide (the first being Jonathan Brandis Nov, 12th 2003). I know it's rediculous because I didn't know him AT ALL. I don't know if I believe he committed suicide though. I had a friend die of accidental overdose of pain medication. She just took too much because she was in physical pain. I just have to look at the fact that he had an appointment with a massage therapist and took some sleeping pills and wonder if he was in pain and didn't realize how much he was taking. Who knows. We'll never know. But I will not jump to conclusions. He will forever be in my heart. My heart goes out to his family, his daughter, and everyone else touched by this.



http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222008/news/regionalnews/heath_ledger_dead_916418.htm




This is from the New York Times minutes ago:


Actor Heath Ledger Is Found Dead

By Sewell Chan

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play. Officials said pills fear found near the body.

Mr. Ledger, a native of Perth, Australia, won acclaim for his role as a co-star in “Brokeback Mountain”, a 2005 film. The film, based on a short story by Annie Proulx about two cowboys who fall in love, won critical acclaim. Reviewing the film in The New York Times, the critic Stephen Holden wrote, “Mr. Ledger magically and mysteriously disappears beneath the skin of his lean, sinewy character. It is a great screen performance, as good as the best of Marlon Brando and Sean Penn.”

Mr. Ledger met the actress Michelle Williams while filming ‘’Brokeback Mountain.” The two actors fell into a very public romance. They had a daughter, Matilda Rose, who was born on Oct. 28, 2005. They moved to Brooklyn, but then separated last year.

Calls by The New York Times to Mara Buxbaum, a publicist for Mr. Ledger, and Steve Alexander, the actor’s agent, were not immediately returned this afternoon.

Thomas J. Lueck contributed reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment